PRICES IN UNITED STATES DOLLAR – USD: Price based on a minimum 2 persons sharing the safari vehicle
|2020 – 2021 SAFARI SEASON||Per Person Sharing||Single Room Supplement|
23 Dec to 02 January
01 Feb to 28 February
01 July to 31 October
01 Nov to 22 December
03 Jan to 31 January
01 March to 09 April
01 June to 30 June
10 April to 31 May
(Prices subject to change without notice please inquire here to get the current accurate price).Price based on a minimum of 2 persons sharing the safari vehicle
Sirimo Route – Naru-moru Route : 5Nights/6Days
Day 1: Nairobi – Nanyuki
Picked from Airport or your Hotel and drive north to Mt. Kenya region (Nanyuki Town). Spend the rest of day acclimatizing due to sudden change of altitude. Dinner and overnight at Hotel in Nanyuki Town.
Day 02: Nanyuki – Old Moses Hut
Transferred form your to Sirimon Park Gate where the hiking start. You will hike to Old Moses Camp 10kms which is 4hrs walk. Dinner and overnight at Old Moses Hut (3300m).
Day 03: Old Moses Hut – Shipton Camp
After an early breakfast you will ascend to Shipton Camp via Makinders Valley with picnic lunch en-route arriving Shipton Camp late afternoon (16kms which is 7-8hrs hiking duration). Dinner and overnight at Shipton Camp (4,200m).
Day 04: Shipton Camp – Makinder’s Camp
Early climb to point Lenana 4,985m – On clear day you will be able to see Mt. Kilimanjaro on the south, Mt. Elgon to the west and Indian Ocean to the east. Descend to Makinder’s Camp for full breakfast and rest for the whole day. Dinner and overnight at the Camp (4,300m).
Day 05: Makinder’s Camp – Met Station
Soon after breakfast you further descend to Met Station via Terek Valley, are Met Station in time for late lunch. Dinner and overnight at Met Station Bandas (3,100m).
Day 06 : Met Station – Nairobi
You will have a leisure taken breakfast and later you hike to Naru-Moru Park gate where you will be picked and transferred to Nairobi.
Included in the above quotation
– 2 transfers Nairobi – Mt. Kenya region
– 1night on full board basis at Hotel in Nanyuki
– Full accommodation at Mountain Huts while hiking
– All park entrance fees
– Experience Mt. Guide
– 1 porter per client
– Complimentary soft drinks and mineral water while hiking
– Our surprise token at the end of your hiking
Gloves, Sun glasses, Sleeping bag, Hats , Rain suits, Warm Jacket, Heavy boots, Scarf’s, Rain Trousers
Equipment check list
- Walking pole(s)
- Sleeping Bag,
- Gaiters: To keep mud, rocks, and snow out of your boots.
- Water purification: This is essential as water for drinking is taken directly from mountain streams.
- Hiking Boots: This is the most important item on the list. You’ll need a comfortable/waterproof pair of hiking boots which offer plenty of support. Make sure they are broken in before you get to Kilimanjaro/Mt. Kenya!
Other Check list (limit yourself)
- 1 set of thermal underwear (top & bottom)
- 1 sleeping bag (rating 0 C or four seasons)
- 1 warm jersey/sweater (wool)
- 1 sleeping pad/mat
- 1 pair of track suit top & bottom
- 1 light towel
- 1 polar fleece/down vest
- 1 pair of light loose fitting cotton trousers
- 1 waterproof jacket (with a hood) & pants
- 1 to 2 long sleeves shirts (cotton/wool)
- 4 pairs of thermal hiking socks
- 2 to 3 T-shirts/shirts
- 2 pairs of thermal socks liner
- 2 to 3 pairs of shorts (with pockets)
- 1 pair of hiking boots
- 1 wide brimmed hat / baseball cap
- 1 pair of sneakers/trainers/takkies
- 1 pair of warm heavy weight gloves/mittens
- 1 pair of gaiters
- 1 pair of light weight gloves (inner gloves)
- 1 bandana
- 1 pair of sunglasses/mountaineering glasses
- 1 balaclava
- 1 wool hat
- 1 warm scarf
NB: Make sure that your boots are waterproof